Yacht Registration in Seychelles
To register any vessel under the Seychelles Flag, one must either be a Seychellois citizen or form a Seychelles International Business Company (IBC) company.
Boats must be registered before it reaches Seychelles.
Registration under Seychelles Flag Using a Seychelles International Business Company (IBC).
- The boat being registered under Seychelles flag using an IBC, owned by Non Seychellois cannot be used for any other purposes in Seychelles other than for leisure activities.
- Owners cannot engage in commercial activities such as charters or any commercial usage as the Seychelles Port Authority and Seychelles Licensing Authority no longer grants licenses for charters to Non Seychellois nationals or companies owned by Non Seychellois.
Below are the classification societies recognized by the Seychelles Registry:
- Lloyd’s Register of Shipping (UK)
- Bureau Veritas (France)
- Nippon Kaiji Ryokai (Japan)
- Det Norske Veritas (Norway)
- America Bureau of Shipping (USA)
- Germanischer Lloyd (Germany)
Procedure and Requirements:
- For the IBC:
Registration of the Seychelles IBC with the Seychelles Financial Service Authority ( FSA ) through a licensed Corporate Service Provider (CSP)
- The boat/yacht:
Documents to be completed
- Application Form for the Registration of the Yacht
- Agents, Lawyer)
- A Certified copy of Certificate of Incorporation and Certified copy of Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association of the IBC (if owned by a company)
- Builder’s Certificate – Boat cannot be older than 15 years.
- Seaworthiness Certificate
- Deletion Certificate (only if vessel has been previously registered and NOT applicable to new building) NOTE: If present owner does not have the Deletion Certificate from the present country of registration, a Provisional Yacht Registry Certificate valid for 90 days will be issued. Upon receipt of the deletion certificate, a permanent yacht Registry Certificate will be issued at no extra cost.
- Bill of Sale
- A photo of the Yacht (colour)
- Copy of present registry (if owner is changing register)
- Radio Application Form.